Anna Lindh/La Caixa Chair
Anna Lindh Foundation and La Caixa Foundation has granted a project for a Chair in Euro-Mediterranean Area to be coordinated under SUCEES. The project is co-funded by the Anna Lindh Foundation and La Caixa Foundation and supported by IBEI, Barcelona. The project launched in January 2013 encompasses the following activities. The Chair is co-coordinated by Ahmet Evin and Meltem Muftuler-Bac.
ANNA LINDH/LA CAIXA FOUNDATION SUMMER SCHOOL
1. Summer school co-sponsored by Anna Lindh Foundation, IBEI, and Sabanci University is organized at Sabanci University from 15 to 22 September 2013. The program leaflet could be found here.
2. Summer school co-sponsored by Anna Lindh Foundation, IBEI, and Sabanci University is organized at Sabanci University from 8 to 12 September 2014. The program leaflet could be found here.
ANNA LINDH/LA CAIXA FOUNDATION LECTURES
Graduate Course on Euro-Mediterranean Issues, ES 523 offered at Sabanci University in Spring 2013 and Spring 2014 semesters. In addition to professors Ahmet Evin and Meltem Muftuler-Bac, the following lecturers were offered as modules for this course:
- February 25, 2013: Dilek Cindoglu, Professor, Mardin Artuklu University."Europeanization and Gendered Democratization in the Arab Spring".
- March 25-28, 2013: Juan Diez Medrano, Professor, IBEI. 'The European Union and its initiatives in the Mediterranean Area.
- April 21-28, 2013: Pere Villanova, Professor, IBEI. The Mediterranean as a Geopolitical Unit.
- May 15-16, 2013: Laura Chaques, Associate Professor, University of Barcelona, Democratic Legitimacy in the European Union.
1. Workshop on Mediterranean issues was organized by the Anna Lindh Foundation on March 6-7, 2013 and hosted by the Sabanci University in Istanbul.
2. Workshop on the Euro-Mediterranean: Challenges and Opportunities for the future of the European order, September 7, 2014 hosted by the Sabanci University.